Click on any of the images for all the details and to sign up!
Orion Beaded Beads
October 20, 2021 @ 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
“Orion Beaded Beads”
We are so addicted to beaded beads here at the shop that when our friends at Matubo offered this fun pattern for their “Nib-Bit” beads, we couldn’t wait to try it! These work up quick and easy, plus you have the opportunity make a variety of types of projects and integrate unique beads, such as stones, into the finished strung piece.
Pattern provided by Matubo. We will distribute copies of the instructions on the day of class.
Technique: Right angle weave, netting, stringing
Difficulty Level: Intermediate 1
If you’ve taken a few beginner classes, are starting to get comfortable with the language of beading and feel ready for the next step, this is the perfect class for you. This project will be just a little more complex than the beginner pieces, but still great for new beaders.
Please note that these prices do not include materials. Material costs vary.
$15 Single class price
$10 Multi-class package price
Multi-class packages are $80 for 8 classes. Packages are good for a 6-month period, starting from the date of first use. Packages can be used on most of the classes offered, however specialty and guest instructor classes regularly priced higher than $15 do not qualify.
$0 Your first class is free!
This class qualifies for our promotion, so if this is your first time joining us in the beading room, be sure to let us know when you register and we’ll waive the fee.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted a minimum of 2 business days prior to the event in order to receive credit that can be used towards another class or merchandise. This policy also applies to registrants using a pre-paid multi-class package to avoid having the class deducted from your total. (Please note that due to the limited staffing we have at this time, we will not be able to do reminder calls before all classes, so be sure to put your dates on your calendar.)
Materials & Supplies Needed (approximate)
- Nib-Bit beads (10 pieces per beaded bead; one tube should make 4 beads)
- 3mm beads (5 pieces per beaded bead, plus extras for stringing between if desired)
- 11/0 seed beads (less than a gram per bead)
- 15/0 seed beads (less than a gram per bead)
- 6mm round bead for center of beaded beads — you will not see this one at all so just use something you’ve already got!
You’ll also need fireline and a beading needle.
For finishing (not needed on class day):
- Necklaces & bracelets – assorted beads to string with beaded beads, flexible bead wire, crimps, crimp covers, single-strand clasp, tools
- Earrings: accent beads like 4mm bicones, headpins, earring findings, tools
We kindly ask that you use beads purchased at our store when in our beading room.