We are thrilled to announce that in-person classes are taking place three days a week!
Please note that our sessions are currently limited to no more than 8 people, so that we can adequately space out the seats in our large classroom. At some point we will increase class sizes again, once we feel comfortable doing so.
Class Reminders: Please note that due to the limited staffing we have at this time, we will not be able to do reminder phone calls before all classes, but we will send reminder emails to registrants a few days ahead of time. Please be sure to put your dates on your calendar when you sign up and take note of our cancellation policy. Thank you!
There is so much to explore in the world of beading and we have a fun variety of ways to learn, create, relax and enjoy yourself at Laura’s Beads! Our large, separate classroom and lounge with complimentary coffee, tea and spring water provides a high level of comfort to maximize your experience.
Ready to learn something new? Every month we offer a fun variety of classes at reasonable prices — in fact, most are only $15 plus materials. You can even pre-purchase a block of classes in advance and pay as little as $10 per class if you are a frequent attendee.
New to our store? Since the day we opened our doors over 10 years ago, we have offered a promotion where your first class can be free with your purchase of materials. There’s no reason not to give it a try!
- Bead-weaving: Learn the terminology, stitches and techniques that make up the beautiful art of bead-weaving. Most importantly, you’ll gain the knowledge needed to be able to read a pattern, which opens up a world of possibilities. All the while you’ll be making a variety of sparkling pieces to wear and show off your new skill! We offer small class sizes in beginner, intermediate, and even advanced levels. Patterns are included in the price of all bead-weaving classes.
- Wirework: Learn a variety of wireworking techniques that range from the traditional to free-form contemporary. Play with different gauges and shapes of wire, using tools or simply working with your hands. Let your creativity run wild with these projects!
- And More…We also offer bead-embroidery, kumihimo, loom, leather wraps and other fun techniques. Interested in learning something that is not on our calendar? Let us know and we’ll see what we can do to help you reach your creative goals!
We frequently open our beading room for our customers to come in and work on whatever they would like. Let’s face it, we all have a few “UFO”s (UnFinished Objects) at home. Maybe you got stuck on a project at home after leaving a class and need a little help finishing up, or maybe you just need some inspiration. Either way, we have you covered. There is no charge to participate in open beading, so why not come on by?
What is a Beadalong? Well we know that beading at home is a relaxing and enjoyable hobby, there is no doubt about it, but beading in a group is FUN! That’s what many of us have missed most during the pandemic. Beadalongs have become popular online, but we have such a spacious classroom space we wanted to bring you the same experience IRL (in real life!). These sessions will take place during Open Beading on Tuesdays at 10:30am. Here’s how it will work:
- Laura will pick a project each month that catches her eye, either purchased from a designer’s website or Etsy shop. (We love having the opportunity to support and bring attention to all the talented designers out there!) Anyone wishing to participate will be required to purchase their own copy of the pattern in advance and bring it with them.
- There is no charge to participate and no reservations required, however attendees should already have experience in bead-weaving and a comfort level with reading patterns, since this is not a class and the chosen projects will not be at a beginner level.
- Participants can come any or all of the Tuesdays during the month to work on the piece with others, while also working independently at home between sessions. Everyone works at their own pace.
This is a great opportunity to learn and share experiences with other local beaders while tackling a more involved bead project!
Private Group Events
We are happy to set up a private class for groups of friends, neighbors or coworkers. Let us know what project you would be interested in and we’ll get a date and time set up to accommodate your schedule. We have cases of beautiful pieces of jewelry to choose from our shop and they range in levels. Although we always have complimentary coffee, tea and water at the shop, you’re welcome to bring in any other beverages or snacks to make it a celebration!
Prices vary based on group size, project selected, etc. Contact email@example.com for more information.
We ask that you always use supplies from Laura’s Beads when in our beading room. All our classes are held in person at our shop, we currently do not offer virtual classes. Thank you!